Clinical Placement Opportunities at Newport Mind Counselling Service
Based in Newport, we are seeking Volunteer Counsellors to offer one-to-one time-limited counselling to a minimum 3 adults weekly.
- All trainee applicants must be on a Level 4 course or above, or in their 2nd year or above of a recognised/accredited training institution.
- Trainees have preferably had personal therapy and preferably continue with long-term therapy whilst on placement.
- Trainees will need to organise and pay for their own Clinical Supervision
Newport Mind Counselling Service is part of the Gwent Mental Health Alliance and funded by Aneurin Bevan University Health Board (ABUHB).
We offer trainees the opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients with various mental health difficulties. If you would like to apply for a volunteer placement, please complete the application form:
- Please write about why you have chosen to train to be a counsellor and/or psychotherapist
- Please tell us about why you have chosen to apply for this post at Newport Mind
- Please tell us of any personal experience you may have of mental health issues
- Please indicate if you can also offer counselling in Welsh
Please email email@example.com to request a blank application form
All placement counsellors are contracted to attend quarterley team meetings which take place on an evening
All placement counsellors are contracted to attend quarterley training sessions which take place on an evening in Pontypool or Newport
Chair of Directors
Newport Mind is at an exciting and challenging point in its development having recently purchased its premises with ambitious redevelopment plans including a social enterprise cafe, updated offices, meeting rooms, and supported accommodation.
Newport Mind's Board of Directors are looking for a new Chair to provide leadership and direction to the Board of Directors and enable the Board to fulfill their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the organisation.
The current financial situation is challenging for all charities and Newport Mind's Board of Directors has identified the need to have specialist expertise at Board level to provide strategic financial guidance to support the organisation to develop, grow and to be able to implement its plans.
Completed applications must be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications by CV will not be accepted
Volunteer with Changing Minds
Newport Mind has some volunteering opportunities with our Changing Minds project for young people aged 14 to 25. You can find out more on the Changing Minds website at www.changingmindsproject.org.uk/volunteering/
Our Volunteering page has further information about volunteering at Newport Mind.
Become a Trustee
If you have experience in Fundraising, Finance, Business Planning and Development, Social Enterprise development, HR, Law or Employment Law, you may be able to bring valuable knowledge and expertise into Newport Mind. Our trustees are unpaid Directors who meet regularly to oversee the work of the organisation.
Please contact us if you are interested in supporting us as a trustee